There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure.
- What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business.
- How to get an email address that matches your domain name.
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website.
- What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace.
- How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals.
- How to make a website secure and back it up regularly.
- What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro.
This workshop is a free workshop for main street small businesses in the regions/towns of Minto, Hanover, South Bruce, and Walkerton. Laptop computers aren't absolutely necessary for this class, but we recommend bringing a laptop to follow along.